Saturday, July 15, 2017

inSPIREd Sunday


Sally and Beth host inSPIREd Sunday!


June 2017 - Kitchener ON

When we were in this area a few weeks ago for a wedding shower, I made John go around the block after I screeched "homeless Jesus". No, that wasn't a curse.

When we were in Austin Texas I first came across homeless Jesus and posted it here in 2015 for inSPIREd Sunday.
When I posted this in 2015 another blogger, Dublin Taxi read my post and posted a photo of the homeless Jesus in Dublin. It is at Christchurch and I am still kicking myself for missing it when I was there in 2015. And now I see I have never posted Christchurch, time to remedy that in a future post!



Also known as Jesus the Homeless, is a bronze sculpture by Canadian sculptor Timothy Schmalz that depicts Jesus as a homeless person, sleeping on a park bench.
Inspired by Matthew: 25, this sculpture is a representation that suggests Christ is with the most marginalized in our society. The Christ figure is shrouded in a blanket the only indication that it is Jesus is the visible wounds on the feet. The life-size version of the work has enough room that someone is able to sit on the bench.








Spoiler warning! I hope to find another homeless Jesus to post...

5 comments:

  1. It's quite striking. There is a sculpture outside a church here in a sitting position. I'll have to look if it has the tell tale wounds.

    The church is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Jackie, it's nice to see another of this sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the window and shape of the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of 'homeless Jesus' but it's a fascinating idea. The church window is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think I have seen the sculpture before but still it look striking

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.