Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Finds

Starts with T
Week's Favorite
Food


The first two will be the same, except we’ll work our way through the alphabet. The second can be a favorite image or activity from the week. The third will be different each time.

Friday Finds ABC Wednesday


Letter T - I'm going to try to find cities/towns we've visited as the theme. I will exclude Canada and the US from this round.

I will keep a running list at the bottom of the Friday post.

January 2016

Tlaquepaque Mexico

Tlaquepaque (Spanish pronunciation: [tlakeˈpake]), historically San Pedro Tlaquepaque, is a city and the surrounding municipality in the Mexican state of Jalisco.
I included the pronunciation as I had such a hard time with this word!!





Bonus T - Textiles!





WEEK'S FAVOURITE has got to be last Saturday's sunset after a cloudy day.






FOOD we were in a garden centre this week and they had some really awful garden decorations like this gigantic squirrel eating a nut.

.


ALPHABET AROUND THE WORLD
  1. Alice Springs, Australia
  2. Bratislava, Slovakia
  3. Cartagena Columbia
  4. Delft The Netherlands
  5. Edinburgh Scotland
  6. Florence Italy
  7. Giverny France
  8. Hong Kong China
  9. Istanbul Turkey
  10. Jamaica
  11. Kalambaka Greece
  12. Lagos Portugal
  13. Melbourne Australia
  14. Normandy France
  15. Old Head Kinsale Ireland
  16. Prague Czech Republic
  17. Queenstown New Zealand
  18. Rudesheim Germany
  19. Singapore

7 comments:

  1. ...man oh man Jackie, your sunset is killer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tlaquepaque is definitely a difficult word to pronounce! Where's the picture of Tlaquepaque?! Beautiful sunset - you really get some amazing views. The squirrel with the diminutive dalmatian next to it made me laugh! :) I think the dog had better hide before the squirrel finishes that nut, just in case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire, I added the photos!!!

      Delete
    2. I returned to see the photos - such an interesting statue - lots to look at! I really love the textiles photograph - the colours are so vibrant and joyful.

      Delete
  3. I assume that sculpture in the second and third shots is wood. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie -- this is a really nice post. I think I would like visiting Tlaquepaque. I once said I wouldn't visit Mexico again as it is sooo hot. But the last time we did we found a pretty village on the west coast. I used to ride my motor scooter through Juarez and all around in the valley. I liked your "awful" squirrel eating the nut. We need some varmints in our garden to scare off the rabbits. Oh yes, the sunset is gorgeous.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you gave the pronunciation. I would never have gotten that. Love the statue! I had to smile at the squirrel statue. The sunset is amazing! Thank you so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.