Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Recipe Box

#12674 Group Of Chef’S In A Recipe Box Clipart by DJArt

It is summer and I had an abundance of fresh fruit. I have made crisps and pies with fresh fruit but never a cobbler. I made this using blueberries, pears and some cherries that were leftover. It was absolutely delicious. I made this at 2PM and we have already had three pieces. My husband has proclaimed it a hit.

I reduced the amount of sugar but it's up to you. My source for this was Mother Thyme.




Blueberry Pear Cobbler
Ingredients
3 cups blueberries
3 cups soft ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut in to small cubes
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl add fruit and lemon juice. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon and combine well. Add fruit to greased 9" pie dish.
3. In a food processor (I used my Kitchen-Aid), add flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup sugar and pulse for 5 to 10 seconds until flour is mixed. 
Add in butter and pulse for an additional 10 seconds until mixture is coarse. Pour flour mixture in to a separate bowl and stir in by hand egg and vanilla.
4. Add spoonfuls of dough on top of fruit. Do not spread.
5. Put pie dish on top of cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.


1 comment:

  1. I'm pinning this one! Lately, thanks in part to Smitten Kitchen, I have been really getting into pears. This looks great.

    Someday I will understand the true differences between crumbles, cobblers, and buckles.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.