Sunday, March 6, 2011

Recipes - Asian Meatball Soup


Photos are my property. These were taken in Yangshuo. the bottom dish is beer fish, a local recipe which was delicious.




I made this today - steamy photo.
I will use pork stock instead of chicken because it is simmering on the stove right now and I may or may not add the shrimp, 1) because I would have to go out and find it and 2) I have a lot of pork for the meatballs. But I might wrap the meatballs in the cabbage the next time..

I tasted the meatballs and they were delicious. I also added some rice to the soup as I didn't have the noodles used below.


Asian Meatball Soup


Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse



6 servings.
Ingredients

•2 quarts chicken stock

Pork Meatballs:

•1/4 pound ground pork

•1 tablespoon minced scallions

•1 tablespoon soy sauce

•1 teaspoon finely-minced ginger

•1 teaspoon sesame oil

Shrimp Rolls:

•1/4 pound ground shrimp

•1/2 cup cellophane noodles, cooked, cooled and roughly chopped

•1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce

•1 teaspoon minced scallions

•1 teaspoon minced garlic

•6 napa cabbage leaves, blanched and cooled

•6 long scallion greens, blanched and cooled

•Chopped scallions, for garnish

Directions

In a soup pot slowly heat chicken stock to a simmer. Make meatballs: Combine ingredients and form into 1/3-inch balls. Make shrimp rolls: Combine shrimp and next 4 ingredients. Lay out cabbage leaves, heap 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling in center and fold up like an egg roll; tie securely with a scallion. Carefully drop meatballs and shrimp rolls into simmering stock. Cook at a low simmer, 15 minutes. Toss some chopped scallions into soup pot, adjust seasonings and serve.

2 comments:

  1. the photos are making my mouth water!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 years later...thank you much for posting this recipie. Ive been on a deep google dive to try to find it from an old show I saw recently.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.