Sunday, January 9, 2011

Some Fantastic New Blogs

I found this list of amazing personal finance blogs while reading the Toronto Star. They were part of a blog written by Give Me Back My Five Bucks. This is a blog written by Kyrstal from Vancouver who is an amazing young woman.
This list was compiled with Amber from Blonde and Balanced.

I've copied the article below from her blog.

The Top 10 Realest Personal Finance Bloggers!


1.Fabulously Broke in the City – I’ve known FB for a long time. Her blog has evolved a lot since she began writing, and I think she does an amazing job coming up with unique content every day that combines life and personal finance. She really takes pride on making her blog great – editing photos and creating a story behind each post.

2.Well-Heeled – I’ve been reading her blog since I started PF blogging. I think we have a lot in common – especially because we were both unemployed at the same time earlier this year and both got jobs around the same time too. I really like how thoughtful and relavent her posts are.

3.Girl Red Balloon – Red is a 20-something blogger finishing up her college degree. I enjoy her posts on being frugal and saving money because it always reminds me that, even though I’m almost 4 years out of college, living and budgeting like a college student can still be done in a fun way – and save you tons of money.

4.Punch Debt in the Face – I heart Debt Ninja. His posts are always hilarious and unexpected – between his stick figure drawings to his personal finance ninja rapping, he always comes up with surprising ways to entertain his readers.

5.Budgets are Sexy – I remember when J$ first came on the blogging scene, I thought to myself: “this guy is crazy!” And I was right. He makes personal finance fun in a very unique and engaging way. He very recently got laid off, and is now trying his hand at becoming a full-time blogger! He has the drive and ambition to succeed so I’m excited to read about his freelancing journey.

6.Enemy of Debt – This is a great blog, and it is inspiring to know that he came from over $25k worth of debt and was able to eliminate it all in 18 months.

7.Stacking Pennies – SP is amazing! She is a running machine, goes on amazing hiking trips (maybe one day BF and I will get to go hiking with her!), and is great at budgeting and saving.

8.Small Steps for Big Change – SSBC writes an amazing PF blog about getting out of debt, saving, living frugally, and life in general.

9.Young and Thrifty – She is a fellow Vancouverite who has just bought her first house! She blogs about investing (which I need to learn a lot about), savings and personal finance tips. I also cannot wait to hear more about her new place! Maybe … some pictures? Hint, hint.

10.Paying Myself – She is a lawyer from Ontario who has set up her own practice. Her goals include getting out of student loan debt, saving and living frugally. I love how she blogs about her real life issues and problems with money. It’s interesting and refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.