Thursday, February 18, 2010

Biscuits

I love southern biscuits. I love going to Cracker Barrel http://www.crackerbarrel.com/index.cfm when we are in the States. Trust me everyone who knows me knows this! I even chose a mutual fund just because it had Cracker Barrel funds in it and it's done very well.
Back to biscuits. Cracker Barrel biscuits or any biscuit in the southern states for that matter. I have a recipe from a copy cat site for Red Lobster Cheese biscuits that are perfect every time.

Ingredients


•1/4 cup margarine or butter

•1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

•2 cups of baking mix (I use Bisquick)

•2/3 cup milk

•1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese



Directions

1.In a bowl, combine the baking mix, milk and cheese until they form a soft dough. Drop spoonfuls of the dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.

2.Brush the biscuits with the garlic butter and put in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees - the tops will be golden brown when the biscuits are done. After removing from the oven, brush with the garlic butter again and consume rapidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.